Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Thlog #1

I'm still kind of confused a little on the whole genre thing i guess. I understand bits and parts but It’s coming to me. I got a understanding that genre is everywhere whether we know it or not. Even though i'm kind of still stuck a little on the whole genre thing, i came to a understanding of other different terms and concepts. I’ve learned about the word parallelism. Parallelism helps your sentences flow better. I learned that it's usually used in poetry really, which is a pair of related words, phrases or clauses. Parallelism is a writing structure.
      
I already kind of knew a little about summarizing, which is reading a whole passage and writing it in your own words or a shorter way so that you understand better. When i wrote my PB1A i honestly did not really understand this whole topic of “genre”. I didn’t know genre could have such a deeper meaning. I think i wrote it all wrong lol. I think i described lip gloss more than what i actually needed to be describing.the PB1A had me a little confused on what i actually needed to write. Or what i actually was comparing. I used pieces of writing but idk if it was right or wrong. I can use more help on the whole genre thing. The nesting dolls kind of helped me a little. For example in class when Mr.z had a big nesting doll then it went all the way to the smallest one. This gave me a understand that a genre can be this one big broad topic but it can get narrowed down and become smaller and smaller. For instance you have a topic sports, it's many of things that involves sports. Like teams, players, timeout, managers, jersey’s, and etc. one broad topic can be narrowed down to something way simpler. I got a better understanding on paraphrasing too. Which is taking what the writer or speaker wrote using different words to get better clarity of what it's saying.

The “Navigating Genres” article helped me understand that its genre everywhere. I learned that next time i do a major writing i will have to consider not only form but my audience and purposes. This article is helping me a lot. Its helping me make more efficient decisions when writing. The article helped me to learn how different genre’s can function. But so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment