Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thlog #3

When I wrote my Wp1, I actually used plenty the techniques from “Shitty First Drafts”. I actually had to ask myself why is writing multiple shitty drafts going to help me with a better outcome on my last shitty draft. I wrote several of different drafts before submitting my final one and actually after reading the drafts over and over I started to change words/ phrases I was saying from my first draft. In the third paragraph (3) shitty first drafts LaMott stated “the only way I can get anything written at all is to write really, really shitty first drafts and that’s true. My first couple of drafts where really basically my brainstorm list. I had to jot thing the first things that came to my head before I forgot them actually. I was writing with no filter. Whatever came to my head I wrote it down?

While writing my PB2A, I was confused on where to start at. Basically we had to identify the moves of a writer. So I went back and read the article Mr. gave us about reading rhetorically. After reading the article and skimming through it a couple more times I got a better understanding of what Mr. was asking for in PB2A. For example using the five W’s helped me. Who, What, Where, When, Why. Reading the articles about moves I became aware that tracing a writers rhetorical “moves” helps you become a more conscious reader and writer.  Someone’s moves in my own words would mean how that person does a particular thing. It’s your own creative style of writing.

I learned to use italics on vocabulary words or to highlight certain words to make them stand out. Italics draws attention to a word. The Italics “move” when writing helps you notice what is important and what you need to know. You may usually see one on every page.

I like the “headings move” it lets you know it’s a new paragraph being introduced and what it’s about. A heading is usually in bold. I came to an understanding a heading can also be a question, which means the paragraph beneath it will basically explain the heading.

I actually learned about juxtaposition in this course. Which is placing two unlike/dissimilar strategies/images next to each other so that they can each outstand more. It’s usually used in poems to compare and contrast. It’s a literary technique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment